From WinCustomize Wiki
Stardock SkinStudio is a program that allows users to create visual styles for Windows 7, Vista and XP. These visual styles are applied by the popular GUI skinning program, WindowBlinds. A fully complete visual style will change the title bars, borders, push buttons, scrollbars, Start bar, Start menu, and virtually every other part of the Windows GUI.
The new version is designed to make it much easier for new users to get into skinning. Skinners can change as much or little of the GUI as they choose and SkinStudio will fill in the rest for them.
SkinStudio (the non-Pro version) is a free download. Click the download link to start using SkinStudio today!
What SkinStudio Does
SkinStudio is a program that lets you design your own graphical user interfaces that can then be applied to Microsoft Windows or various programs on Windows such as Windows Media Player.
- Supports Windows 7.
- Support usi0 skinning.
- Support for glass menu bars on Windows Vista.
- Support for a different mouseover image on the right hand side of the Start Menu.
- Control over the background color of the Start Menu "Programs" list.
- Control over the search box text colour & font.
- Improved control over the Start Menu colours & fonts.
- New section to allow a custom mouseover image used on the "Programs" link on Vista versus the legacy solid color.
- Start button overlay now supports animation.
- Support for animated "Please Wait"
- Layer support
- Improved compression for animation
- Per pixel borders support layers & glyphs
- Skin re-coloring
- Task Oriented Design
- Sidebar support
- Vista Start Menu Buttons
- Edit Vista Control Panel and navigation parts
- Support for Internet Explorer 7
- Taskdialog controls
- Vista Explorer: Command Bar, Information Pane, List View, Please Wait screen, etc.
- Explorer background
- Theme Part Details tab that visually displays components of the skin for easy access
- Improved support for title bar buttons. Easily change the per-pixel settings
- Improved support for adding glow effects
- Improved support for making sub-styles
- Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows Vista
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 width and 768 height
- Impulse must be installed in order to download and update software.
- WindowBlinds installed to apply skins
How to Use SkinStudio
If you need more help regarding how to use SkinStudio you can post your questions in the WinCustomize Forums.
Documentation & Help
- SkinStudio Tutorial
- SkinStudio Help Category
- A Complete Guide to the Start Panel (Part 1)
- Converting .msstyles for use with Windowblinds on Vista
- Creating a Taskbar
- Fixing ShutDownDialog and LogOffDialog code glitch
- Guide to Windowblinds Fonts in SkinStudio
- Making a skin in SkinStudio
- Shell Animations: Part 1
- Shell Animations: Part 2
- Shell Animations: Part 3
- Une visite en image de SkinStudio (French)
- A visit in image of SkinStudio
- List of some tutorials to make a WB
- How made a Close button with Photoshop
- WindowBlinds/Skinstudio Tutorial by Stee03
Notes & References