From WinCustomize Wiki
Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop and can hide your icons when they are not in use. Clean and organize your desktop by creating shaded areas which become movable and sizable containers for your icons. Double click blank spaces on your desktop and all your fences will fade out, and back.
What is Fences?
Fences® is a program that helps you organize your desktop, and can hide your icons when they're not in use. A "Fence", a term coined by this program, is an icon group on your desktop. Fences is an add-on to your desktop, not a replacement.
- Rope off your desktop
- See your wallpaper again! Quickly hide & show all your icons with an easy double-click
- Create snapshots, and have automatic scaling (for screen size changes)
- Hide the desktop shortcut graphic
- Set default Fences for new icons
- Automatic sorting keeps your icons the way you want them
- Sort your Fences
- Fade your Fences
1.1.0 - January 20, 2011
- Refresh to fix issue with default fence not auto-sorting icons]
- Added ability to toggle hidden fences at startup
- Added "Hide shortcut arrows on desktop icons" to Appearance tab
- Reliability improvements based on user feedback
- Numerous small UI tweaks
- Improved multimonitor support (newly plugged-in monitors set to 'primary' have all your icons/fences moved over to them, fixed 'align-to-grid' on secondary monitors, etc)
- Icons no longer have risk of falling out of their fence on F5 and/or monitor resize
- Fixed flicker when moving a fence behind the taskbar on Win7
- Fixed issue where new icons could become "stranded" until interacted with, particularly on XP
- Fixed issue where moving Fences beneath the bottom of the screen exhibited odd behavior
- Improved "Disable Fences" functionality
- Fences now "come to the front" when moved. Fixes behavior where you could move a Fence behind another and then lose access to it.
Fences Pro 1.01
- Added Hide Desktop icons to right click menu
- Changed behavior when removing a Fence excluded from quick-hide to un-hide all Fences.
- Change Customize tab name to Appearance
- Renamed Delete Fence to Remove Fence
- Fixed bug where scroll bars would not appear when resizing Fence.
- Fixed bug where all icons would leave all Fences on reboot/restart/logoff.
- Fixed bug where an icon moves out of a Fence when resolution changes.
Documentation & Help
Notes & References