From WinCustomize Wiki
TweakVista is a utility for Windows Vista users that allows them to customize how their system performs, as well as provide detailed information and feedback on what your computer is currently doing. Using a combination of pre-built services and security profiles, and an ever-growing database of process and services info cards, TweakVista creates a single point for power users to manage and troubleshoot their Windows Vista systems.
TweakVista leverages multiple under-the-covers features of Windows Vista to simplify the process, allowing even novice users to optimize their systems and get more out of their Windows Vista experience.
What TweakVista Does
TweakVista allows the user to customize how their system performs by providing simple and intuitive access to security settings, startup applications, default services and more. It includes several pre-built performance profiles centered around tasks such as:
- Meda Center Usage
- PC as a Server
- Optimal Memory Usage
Windows Vista comes with a lot of power-tools hidden under the hood, but they can be difficult to access or understand for novice or intermediate users. TweakVista pulls many of these settings and tools together in one place with a unified interface to make the process of tweaking and optimizing a Vista PC as easy and accessable as possible.
How To Use TweakVista
- Start-Up: How your system behaves when powered on. Select what services and applications will start automatically.
- Resources: How are your system resources such as CPU and RAM being handled? What processes are running?
- Services: What services are running? Do you want to select a prebuilt services profile to load or configure your own?
- Security: Set your system security settings to meet your needs.
- Display: Information about your display (graphics card, memory) and options to tweak out performance
- Power: Battery life, power profiles etc. Essential for laptop users
- Assessment: A more detailed version of the Windows Experience Score assessment.
- Internet: Tweak Internet settings for speed and security
- SMARTGuard: Hard Drive performance tweaks and health checks
- Misc Tweaks: Where everything else goes.
Each section is pretty straight-forward in what it does, but you want to make sure you understand what you're tweaking before applying any changes. Some settings can result in something unexpected. There are plenty of information links all over the application, and they tie in to our online database that allows users to contribute their own information if none exists, or supplement it if there are errors. This database is a huge asset to learning users.
- Process Profiles
- Service Customization
- Advanced Power, Security & Display Options
Currently, TweakVista is in beta testing at version 0.80, which was released to Object Desktop subscribers on May 11th.
Download links will go here for shareware versions, if any
Help & Documentation
Notes & References