From WinCustomize Wiki
As the WinCustomize Wiki grows, we will be continually making changes and tweaks to how the site looks and functions. This page will be a sort of ongoing changelog of what we've done to the wiki recently.
Upgraded MediaWiki to 1.17beta1, upgraded PHP to 5.3.6, added captcha on registration form, fixed search.
Upgraded MediaWiki to 1.13.2, added APC and a couple of anti-bot extensions (since we've been getting random spam on a daily basis).
- Added the DynamicPageList2 extension to allow for dynamically generated pages based on page tagging. For more information on how this works, go Here
Server maintenance today, wiki was down for a while.
- Fixed memcached issue... wasn't set to start on system init, made the wiki sluggish.
- Enabled inter-wiki links to Wikipedia.
- Removed httpd login credentials to reach the wiki. Not announced yet, but wanted to make it easier for internal people to contribute.
- Short URLs now used. Instead of wiki.wincustomize.com/index.php?title=ArticleName, it's now wiki.wincustomize.com/wiki/ArticleName. Full URLs still exist for edit links however.
- Installed the following extensions:
- Changed default skin away from monobook to rilgrey_01, investigating effort required to roll a custom skin.
- Modified access so users must be logged-in to edit.
- Modified wiki to require email verification on account creation.
- Enabled memcached for speed optimization. Currently using 512mb to cache
- Did the DNS and Apache magic to move us over to Wiki.WinCustomize.com.